Prattville Junior High School Archery
- Saturday, November 7th. 9:00 a.m.-NLT 2:00 p.m. (tryouts may end sooner than 2, please be sure your student has a way to contact you)
- Please be on time as tryouts will start promptly at 9.
- Tryouts are closed to parents.
- Team members will be determined based on grouping (the distance between arrows in the pattern of arrows- smaller group indicates consistency)
- 18 team members will be chosen (limited for COVID precautions and social distancing)
- Team members will be encouraged to use their own bow. Students who do not own a bow will be able to check one out for use. Archer is responsible for care of school equipment issues to them.
- Eligibility: 7th and 8th graders
- Practices: Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday afternoons during the spring semester from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. Please consider any other activities and obligations as archery practice is mandatory and failure to attend can result in dismissal from the team.
- Equipment Needed: None required but it is best if you purchase your own bow. Archery Unlimited has a special offer for PJHS students.
- Estimate of Fees: The fee this year is $150/archer and is due on 7 January.
- Team Composition: The team will all be able to compete in at least two tournaments prior to the Regional Tournament, the Regional, and State Tournaments.
Please understand this information is tentative and subject to change. Once the team is selected, practice schedules, fees, and paperwork will be distributed at mandatory parent meetings.
Check the calendar for tentative tournaments.