Welcome to Prattville Junior High School
The mission of Prattville Junior High School is to provide excellent educational opportunities which enable our students to acquire the knowledge, skills, and personal qualities necessary to be responsible and successful citizens.
Today’s announcements (04-01-2020):
*Students may pick up books, locker items, band instruments, library books, lost and found items, return medications, etc. The schedule is by student LAST name.Everyone MUST have their temp taken before entering the building. We will limit the number of people in the building at a time. Everyone MUST enter through the front doors and maintain social distancing. Please be patient.
April 6th-9th from 8:00 am - Noon
- Monday: A-F
- Tuesday: G-L
- Wednesday: M-R
- Thursday: S-Z
*if students have completed all assignments, instruction will be daily through May 8.
*there are NO activities through June 5. This includes tryouts if any kind, field day, etc. There may be some virtual tryout opportunities. We will let you know if/when those will be.
*we do not have updated info regarding yearbooks at this time.
*please check your Google Classroom accounts for any specific info from your teachers.
*see you guys on Instagram Live Friday at noon. Miss you! Stay Safe! Wash your hands!!
Wednesday at noon, I made a few announcements on Instagram Live. I must say - it made me miss the Cats even more! During this unprecedented time, we will absolutely do our best to continue the mission of PJHS to provide for our students. Today's info included the following:
- ACBOE lunch will be provided Wednesday from 9:30-10:30 at PIS, Autaugaville, Billingsley, and Pine Level Elem. Lunch status does not matter, but the student(s) must be present.
- Most instruction will be through Google Classroom. I encourage parents to email teachers to be added to GC if you would like notifications of assignments and announcements.
- If you do not know your Google Classroom login info, please email Mrs. Weldon (go to Staff Websites and click on her picture. Then click on "CONTACT".)
- Students will be able to pick up textbooks, materials, band instruments, locker items, etc. next week. They can also return library books and parents can pick up medication. We will provide a schedule (hopefully Wednesday). Everyone cannot come at the same time because everyone must use the front doors ONLY and have their temperature taken. Stay tuned!
- Teachers will be posting a Weekly Work Plan beginning April 6th. Some teachers will be using Zoom meetings twice each week. That schedule will be published also. They will NOT have to sit at a device all day! Students who have completed work during the past two weeks may receive credit for their work; however, it will not be counted against them. Work beginning April 6 is REQUIRED.
- Students had questions about sports and field trips - those are all canceled. No in-person activities can occur until at least June 5. The yearbook has been submitted - when we know more, we will let you know. Report cards - I hope to have info during announcements on Wed at noon.
- We will also have an exercise plan each day for students. It is important for them to exercise their minds and bodies during this time.
- Stay Safe! Wash your hands! Practice Social Distancing! Find some normalcy each day!
- Love you all! See you on Instagram Live Wednesday at noon for more announcements. GO CATS!!!!!!
Google Classroom is available for PS4 and Xbox1!
For tutorial videos on how to use your (student's) gaming system, please select the gaming system.
1) The Google Classroom students utilize at PJHS is an ACOBE managed application. Students should NOT change their name or password. These accounts follow students from school to school in our district and are used by multiple teachers within the school.
2) Check to make sure you are using the correct username (we have multiple students across the district with the same names) and did you include the @acboe.net with your name. The majority of student account usernames are first.last email@example.com. If you have trouble logging in please contact Mrs. Weldon via email (go to Staff Websites and click on her picture. Then click on "CONTACT".) .
3) Make sure you are using ACS (all CAPS) in front of your student number...passwords are case sensitive. An extremely small number of accounts may have acs(all lowercase) in front of the student number.
4) If your student number is only 4 digits long, you will need to add a zero to the end
5) Students should never reset passwords or change their name. This only adds to the number of issues and passwords needing to be reset over and over. These accounts follow students from school to school within our district and will be used by multiple teachers as they progress through their education in Autauga County. This login information should remain consistent.
6) Students should protect their log-in information, never save passwords to a computer, and log-out when they complete their assignments both at school and home.
Sites and links specifically for Middle Schoolers
Students can practice skills with exercises, quizzes, and mastery challenges and get immediate feedback and support.
Also check out the Middle School Remote Calendar.
*Free account requires parent email confirmation.
Educational Videos. Teachable Moments, Current Events, Ebooks. and Quizzes.
Free resources; registration is free.
While we are socially distancing ourselves, virtual field trips are a great way to expose students to new places- all from the comfort of your home. In this age of technology, so many museums, zoos, and aquariums have set up virtual tours and webcams of their facilities.
Step by step instructions for using Google Classroom.
Check our website for announcements and updates as well as individual teacher assignments.
You have the power to shape your future, and the future of all children,
by counting everyone in your home in the 2020 Census. Find out more...
FREE Tutoring Available
* First Baptist Church, Prattville: Grades 7 -12(Math & Science) Tuesday, 6:30 PM to 8:00 PM Adult Education Building Room 102
* Alabama Free Live Homework Help @ HomeworkAlabama.org
EARN CASH FOR OUR SCHOOL LIBRARY MEDIA CENTER
Box Tops For Education is changing.
You can still CLIP IT and send in the traditional box tops to the school. Please send the traditional Box Tops in to your student's homeroom teacher or have your student drop them off in the Library Media Center. Our first submission date for Traditional Box Tops is November 1st and again on March 1st. You will find that many of the products who have had traditional Box Tops are phasing them out. The New Box Tops will be collected through an App you can download from the Apple Store or the Google Play Store. You will use this App to scan your receipt.
Click the Box Tops icon to find out more
First.....choose a new or used, age appropriate, book(s) to donate to the PJHS library.
Then...Choose one friend to take on the #StockTheCatStacksChallenge for each book you donate.
Next...Post the picture of your books on social media and tag your nominated friends to spread the challenge. Copy these instructions in your post! Make sure others can “share”.
After that...drop your book donations in the green collection container outside the PJHS front door. No need to come in!
Finally...congratulate yourself for investing in Prattville’s future!
A READER is a LEADER!
6th Period Check-Out
Please be reminded that students cannot be checked out after 2:40 P. M. Thank you for your cooperation!
Parents: Get involved with the P.I.G.
The Parent Involvement Group is a vital part of PJHS. If you are interested in joining P.I.G. or have questions, contact the group at firstname.lastname@example.org
Happy Birthday to YOU!
For $10, you can have your name (& picture if you like) on the PJHS Digital Sign. Send in the following with your $: Name of Student / Birthdate / Grade Level / Homeroom
If you would like a picture included, please email it to Mrs. Stockman.
We must have requests ONE week in advance to make sure it is posted on the sign.